- Created on Tuesday, 17 May 2011 06:24 17 May 2011
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 March 2017 08:47 21 March 2017
The Sioux Falls School District, in response to strong employee interest, is supporting active lifestyles through the SFSD FitClub (FitClub). Eligible employees and spouses that work-out a minimum of eight (8) times per month at a participating fitness center will receive up to a $20 incentive, (up to $40 per month per household), paid via direct deposit.
Current District employees/spouses and retired employees enrolled in the Sioux Falls School District Medical Insurance Plan are eligible to participate in FitClub. Frequently Asked Questions.
How it Works
- Eligible employee/spouses must submit a FitClub enrollment form online. A complete list of participating fitness centers can be found online. An enrollment form must be completed for both the employee and spouse individually if both wish to participate.
- To earn the $20 incentive, employees/spouses must exercise a minimum of eight (8) days (visits) per calendar month. Visits to the fitness club are tracked. Employees/spouses meeting the eight (8) visit requirement will receive up to $20 deposited in their bank account each month the visit requirement is met.
- A $20 maximum incentive is paid to each employee/spouse, never to exceed the total cost of the fitness center monthly membership. If employee and spouse are on a “joint” or “family” fitness membership, the fitness center dues will be separated and divided equally between the employee and spouse. Each individual may receive up to a $20 incentive for meeting the eight (8) visit requirement ($40 maximum incentive per household.)
- If the fitness center monthly membership is less than $20, the employee/spouse will only receive the actual amount. (For example, if the monthly membership fee is $9, the employee/spouse would be reimbursed $9 each month the eight (8) visit requirement is met.)
- If your Fitness Center is not part of the FitClub please Nominate it HERE.